Climate change and the greenhouse effect

Life on Earth originated and continues thanks to the sun’s light and heat. 30% of the Sun’s heat reaching the Earth returns to space, and the remaining 70% is retained in the atmosphere. The Earth retains heat by assimilating gases accumulated in the land, sea and atmosphere.

The natural greenhouse effect is a natural phenomenon caused by water vapor (N2O), carbon dioxide (SO2), methane (SN4), nitrogen oxide (N2O) and the formation of life on Earth. These gases allow solar radiation to reach the Earth’s surface, but absorb Earth’s infrared radiation.

Human influence on the greenhouse effect

According to the information provided by the UN on climate change: natural fuels such as coal, gas and oil are one of the main factors causing climate change. They account for more than 75% of global greenhouse gas emissions and almost 90% of carbon dioxide emissions.

As a result, it leads to global warming and climate change. The planet is currently warming faster than at any other time in human history. Rising temperatures are altering weather patterns over time and disrupting the normal natural balance. This poses a great threat to human life and health, as well as to all life forms on Earth.

Weather Information is collected and distributed by the World Data Center for Greenhouse Gases (WDCGG) under the Japan Meteorological Agency. GAW’s Science Advisory Group on Greenhouse Gases (SAG-GHG) advises on program development. GAW publishes an annual Greenhouse Gas Bulletin that summarizes recent trends and atmospheric loadings of the most influential, long-lived greenhouse gases, carbon dioxide (CO2), methane (CH4), and nitrous oxide (N2O), as well as the contributions of lesser gases.

Climate change studies show that global temperatures will continue to rise in the coming decades. This is mainly due to human activity, which is responsible for the increase in greenhouse effect gas emissions. The environment is already affected by global climate change. Glaciers are receding, ice in rivers and lakes has melted, plants and animals habitats have changed, trees have begun to bloom earlier, and the balance of nature has changed.

Together, let’s focus on waste without wasting time and bring more public attention to the message of climate change due to greenhouse gases.

Scroll to Top